Friday, June 13, 2008

2007 SANTA'S



Frosted-Over Santa Series 2007

As a woodcarver it seems as though many thoughts can go through my mind while I am carving.I will be carving one item and at the same time be thinking of the next project I would like to create. One of my woodcarving brainstorms at this time are Christmas Ornaments.

Christmas Ornaments are always in demand, so this is why I created
The 2007 Santa Ornament - "Frosted-Over Santa"

Each Santa was different, but they all have glasses that have frosted over because of his wild Christmas Eve ride delivering presents through a stormy Christmas Evening and Christmas Morning. Although his glasses are all frosted over he is still going strong and he is already looking forward to next year.The Santa's were numbered and have a Certificate of Authenticity.
Below is each Santa as they were ordered and carved.




THE ORIGINAL 2007
FROSTED OVER SANTA











1

2




3














4


5



6














7


8




9














10


11


12














13


14


15













16

17
















18




19











After carving this series of Santa Faces called the 2007 Frosted Over Santas.
I was ready for a variation in the Frosted Over Theme.
Here is what I came up with...
Frosted Over Santa after a Rough Landing!
All of the Santas have frosted over glasses that shows that he has been through some pretty bad weather on his wild Christmas Eve ride throughout the world delivering presents to boys and girls. Well, here he is after the Rough Landing.
An alternate caption could read,"never try to water your reindeer at a Red Neck Roadhouse"!


























1 comment:

PrairieDust said...

That's amazing work. I love the crooked, frosted glasses.